Dustin Cross
Well-known member
- Joined
- Mar 6, 2007
- Messages
- 1,240
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
- Location
- Austin, Texas
- Website
- www.sandust.com
Aloha,
I have been playing with Redcine for a while and it can do a lot. I am looking for advice on how to get the best look/most useable footage out of Redcine.
Everything I shoot will most likely be going straight to DVD or TV. Film out would be great, but hasn't happened yet.
I plan to edit offline in FCP with proxies, send to Redcine with Redtip, Render online files, online in After Effects.
So in Redcine:
Should I use Camera RGB or REC709? Why?
Which Gamma? Rec. 709, REDlog, PDlog 685, PDlog 985? Why?
I am working with a 24" LCD and a 19" HD CRT, but don't have LUT for either. If I choose log, do I need a LUT to view it correctly on my monitors?
What is the best way to use the Color tab in Redcine? I have been using the histogram, then changing ISO and Exposure to get all the data in the middle of the histogram, then using curves to stretch the available data across the entire histogram without clipping blacks or whites. This is not the best looking image, but it seems this gets the most data out of the Raw footage.
The DPX files this makes are great in AE. I have lots of data to play with and can make them look great.
Is there are better way of using Redcine?
I have been playing with Redcine for a while and it can do a lot. I am looking for advice on how to get the best look/most useable footage out of Redcine.
Everything I shoot will most likely be going straight to DVD or TV. Film out would be great, but hasn't happened yet.
I plan to edit offline in FCP with proxies, send to Redcine with Redtip, Render online files, online in After Effects.
So in Redcine:
Should I use Camera RGB or REC709? Why?
Which Gamma? Rec. 709, REDlog, PDlog 685, PDlog 985? Why?
I am working with a 24" LCD and a 19" HD CRT, but don't have LUT for either. If I choose log, do I need a LUT to view it correctly on my monitors?
What is the best way to use the Color tab in Redcine? I have been using the histogram, then changing ISO and Exposure to get all the data in the middle of the histogram, then using curves to stretch the available data across the entire histogram without clipping blacks or whites. This is not the best looking image, but it seems this gets the most data out of the Raw footage.
The DPX files this makes are great in AE. I have lots of data to play with and can make them look great.
Is there are better way of using Redcine?