Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Basic editing in Redcine

Nir Shelter

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
340
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Sydney Australia
Website
www.datashelter.com.au
Hey guys posted a thread with a query that recievd no response I'll try and define my question better in hopse of getting one this time round.

I am trying to cut a sequence in Redcine, the filse are 4k R3D 2:1 then export it as a TIFF or Cineon sequence. In order to do so I need to mark the IN/OUT points for each shot. The IN/OUT points in the shot menu are frame numbers of the specific shot's frame count. The frame count below the frame at the view port relates to the entire sequence not indevidual shots.

So if I have a printed list (e.g: EDL) of shots and their I/O time codes and TC and frame is selected in the view port. How can I correlate the I/O points for each shot according to the frame number shown in the view port and the frame number in the I/O frames in the shot menu?

Would greatly appreciate a response.
Cheers.
 
If you have multiple shots in the timeline and you move the scrub bar over one of them in the timeline you can go to the Shot Tab and use the frame count sliders to adjust the in/out point for just that clip. (not the i/o buttons above the timeline). Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Kevin
 
Hi Kevin thanks for your reply.

If you have multiple shots in the timeline and you move the scrub bar over one of them in the timeline you can go to the Shot Tab and use the frame count sliders to adjust the in/out point for just that clip. (not the i/o buttons above the timeline). Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Kevin

That is how you select an I/O point using the frame count of the individual clip. What I am trying to do is select an I/O point for individual clips as per your description using the clips source TC as a reference for the exact frames. The only place in RC that the source TC is displayed is at the bottom of the view port. It is not displayed in the shot settings in the shot menu. So to be able to identify which is the exact IN or OUT frame using the source TC I have to find it in the view port info. The frame display option in the drop down menu of the display/guide settings in the project menu shows the frame number from a frame count of the entire time line, where as the source TC option is, well... Source TC i.e of the individual clip the selection bar is on in the mini time line.
So if I look at the frame number at the bottom of the view port it will not correspond with the frame in the shot settings in the shot menu.
Is there a way to find an exact frame number in the shot settings I/O point option in the shot menu using the source TC of the individual clip as a reference?
 
Back
Top