Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Audio buffer overflow error

Tom Sefton

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
128
Reaction score
4
Points
18
Hi,

Our Epic M Dragon has started to develop an issue whereby an intermittent fault occurs when starting recordings. The error appears on screen as an audio buffer overflow. We are on the most recent firmware with the camera.

Is this likely something to do with the minimag we are using, or something else?

We have sent some log files to Red UK when it first occurred a couple of months ago, but it only happened once and they couldn't find anything out of the ordinary, but a shoot I'm on this week as seen the problem re-occur 5-6 times in one day. If you start the recording again, it will start recording, so not a huge issue, but slightly worrying for a 3D project we are working on elsewhere.

Any thoughts or similar problems experienced elsewhere?
 
Hi Tom, I have had that error occasionally in addition to 2 others. I think the reason I didn't see it more often is that I seldom record on-speed as I never got it at higher frame rates. Another error was much more prominent and consistent at high frame rates. These errors have never shown on a log file. After sending my camera in and trying many fixes on the camera end of things it seems now that the problem lies in both of my 512 mini-mags. They are currently at RED along with my side module to see if they can be diagnosed/fixed.
 
I have the same problem, its happened after latest firmware upgrade.
 
Back
Top