Hello Folks,
Today I got access to ASUS ROG G701VI laptop with 64 GB RAM and GTX 1080 GPU.
I tested RED 8K, 6k and 4k Sample footage from RED.COM on Premiere Pro CC 2017.
The playback in full resolution dropped 600 frames.
And when I checked the GPU Load in GPU-Z Tool only an average of 25% is used. CPU is used 100%.
I was expecting GTX 1080 would run smoothly.
Can anyone explain this?
Today I got access to ASUS ROG G701VI laptop with 64 GB RAM and GTX 1080 GPU.
I tested RED 8K, 6k and 4k Sample footage from RED.COM on Premiere Pro CC 2017.
The playback in full resolution dropped 600 frames.
And when I checked the GPU Load in GPU-Z Tool only an average of 25% is used. CPU is used 100%.
I was expecting GTX 1080 would run smoothly.
Can anyone explain this?
- Why such low GPU usage?
- Is Premiere Pro not using full GPU Cores?
- Is there a way to make Premiere Pro use maximum GPU?
Last edited: