Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Arri viewfinder on Epic Dragon possible?

Aris_Gavriilidis

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Athens, Greece
First things first, I know the Alexa uses a different lemo cable than the Epic does since I shoot with both systems. I'm currently involved in a graduation film at my university where as opposed to the available Alexa kit, the DP will be shooting on my own Dragon but since I don't own an OLED EVF from Red, we're trying to figure out if it would be possible to connect the VF-1 EVF for the Alexa on the Epic. Is there any sort of lemo cable that would go from a red input to the larger input the arri viewfinder uses?
 
well... Red uses hdmi digital signal and ARRI uses VGA analog (or YPbPr). Theoretically if one was to convert from Red HDMI to VGA it could be , possibly displayed in the ARRI VF. Just saying...
 
Back
Top