Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

apple reseller recommanded to wait for new FCS

Cüneyt Kaya

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
3,909
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
good old Berlin
Website
www.allahead.de
Hey today i wanted to buy another FCS(3) licence, and the reseller gave me the advice
to wait till summer (July/August)...then there will come a new FCS.
same with the MacPro`s.
now its the second time in one week i was told to wait for a super FCS...
but as of now, i am sceptic...
 
Hey today i wanted to buy another FCS(3) licence, and the reseller gave me the advice
to wait till summer (July/August)...then there will come a new FCS.
same with the MacPro`s.
now its the second time in one week i was told to wait for a super FCS...
but as of now, i am sceptic...

FWIW. There is no such thing as FCS 3. You will not find a reference to it on the APPLE site. It's still FCS 2, just most recently has been an upgrade to FCS 2.

Everyone thinks there is an FCS 3 and there is not.

David

Apple makes all of their major announcements on TUESDAYS. I suspect we'll be looking at something later this year, sometime..

David
 
FWIW. There is no such thing as FCS 3. You will not find a reference to it on the APPLE site. It's still FCS 2, just most recently has been an upgrade to FCS 2.

Everyone thinks there is an FCS 3 and there is not.

David

Apple makes all of their major announcements on TUESDAYS. I suspect we'll be looking at something later this year, sometime..

David

fwiw this is the reason i wrote FCS(3) and not FCS3...should i have called it the lousy last update FCS...hehe
 
LLU of FCS2 sucked big time we all know,
i was always ready to pay more for a Mac because it worked (within limits) out of the box.

apple is today so error,
hope they will get on track and leave the error train pretty fast
 
We should see updated Mac Pro systems in June I think. Lots of reliable reports seem to indicate this and they're already way behind everyone else. I'm hoping the longer wait is pointing to a major update or even a complete re-design and not just a simple bump in specs to the new CPUs.

As for FCS. September is probably a good bet. Apple likes to introduce updates and new versions of FCS just right before a major event like Siggraph or NAB. Although, waiting to buy a new FCS license, if you need one now, seems kinda dumb. It's not that expensive and there's always upgrade pricing. I would definitely wait for a new Mac Pro, though.
 
Unless your looking for a MacBook/Pro, I would hold off on any major Apple purchases until early June, where there will likely be some fancy new stuff at the developers conference.
 
A fair number of the rumors I've heard point to a possible FCS announcement at WWDC in June. Apple's got to know that CS5 and Avid MC5 are both a pretty serious risk to their market share. If they don't at least *announce* something in the next month or so, by the time SIGGRAPH and NAB roll around a lot of people are going to have jumped ship.
 
Oh for crying out loud! It is FCS3. They dropped the number because the number is retarded and unimportant.If you would kindly look at your install DVD's you will notice that the disc you put in first is labeled as follows:

Final Cut Studio
Install DVD
Version 3.0

Was it a mediocre update, sure. But it was still an update.
 
Back
Top