Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

another LL OLPF vs Skin Tone question...

francisco santos

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
BOSTON/NYC/LA
Website
www.superiormediagroup.net
Okay…
Ive been searching and searching threads but I have a slight issue with my new LLOLPF. I notice the image seems a bit darker. I do see a difference in noise however I feel like I lost a stop of light when installing the LL vs the skin tones? Yeah the higher ISO are cleaner however seems like the buttery highlights are completely gone? Anyone else have this problem? I can post some pictures later however just curious or maybe Im crazy ;) Love the lack of noise but Im not going to lie I think the skin tone might be better suited for me. I almost feel like the Skintone gives an alexa quality to it.

Thanks,
 
You shouldn't notice any brightness difference in the image. We calibrate the OLPFs so that when you switch them over and set the correct setting in-camera, any brightness differences are removed.

Graeme
 
Francisco, what you are noticing is normal. The skintone (as far as I understand) skews DR deeper into highlights (what you call Buttery), and LLO skews that same DR more into shadows (and hence makes them cleaner).

Best
 
Yes switched it over in the settings. Both seem to work great however looks like the ski gone might be better for day to day usage. I can see in a low light situation how the other would work out but these days I'm lighting everything.
 
I now have both, but when I first got my dragon I just had the skin tone and I shot this. I rated the camera between 800-1600 asa and really don't feel like I had any "noise issues". I think they both look great honestly. I think any limitations only come into play if you are really, really trying to get something out of the camera that you probably shouldn't be.

https://vimeo.com/139033948

Nick
 
Back
Top