Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Adjusted Delivery Schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, I'm really interested in February. Not only are you going to start delivery on the 30th (which will be rather difficult), but it looks like you're only planning on delivering 500 of the 600 cameras between numbers 1601 and 2200. :blink:

Just thought I'd point that out... :usd:

ackbar.jpg

:clown2:
 
:innocent: :innocent:


Jim
small question please ?
what about (Time Stamp) orders is there is any
translation for those timestamp order number Link us to Serial numbers scheduled release
you just Placed here

Same question here...
Would be nice to know that now :whistling:
I know this has been asked loads of times, but I remember someone saying that at some point we'd be able to know ?
 
I still don't have any idea where in these delivery schedules I can plot myself in...
 
EVFs are shipping with 51-100.

Jim
Hi Jim,

I hate to be a constant thorn in your side, but I learned a long time ago that reading into someone else's posts leads to unsafe assumptions.

When you say "EVFs are shipping," does that mean they're functional, or just that the physical hardware will be available (and "activated" later through a firmware update)? When I went to the Silverado presentation in Folsom last month, they already had their EVF too - but it didn't work.

Great news about the RED-DRIVEs in a couple of weeks; I hope they will be a usable/reliable option for those of us wanting some longer record times.
 
Jim, I know you guys are extremly busy but it would be really nice to know where abouts we are down the list as far as our given time stamps/order numbers go. It would be so comforting to know where in the loop we are.

David.
 
Thats good news for me as it gives me more time (=money) to purchase all accessories before the camera arrives. I'm sure it's a bummer for a few of you and sorry about that

I'd rather have a little more time to get the matte box, etc I want than have to wait with the camera without certain accessories.

Just a thought here and don't want to open a can of worms but to date Jim has been the one slipping the date because of various reasons. One bottle neck I'm expecting is readying the sheer volume of units with addition functionality at each milestone date.

Now what if reservation holders could contact Red and inform they would prefer their camera at a later date, say a couple of extra months, that could help both parties!
It could mean that the people who are cashed up and want their camera asap are less impacted and the ones that could wait a little are also helped.

Cheers,
 
I have been getting a lot of personal emails asking if we can make someone's schedule or not with absolute certainty so they can plan their project. Our job is to deliver as good of cameras as we possibly can as quick as we can. We cannot assure anyone of a firm date. If you are in doubt, rent a RED from someone who has one, rent something else, buy something else, or postpone your shoot until your camera is in hand.

Jim
 
No one can assure anyone that the sun will come up tomorrow with "absolute certainty" so why bug a camera manufacturer about a ship date that has been clearly stated, can and will change.

I suggest that everyone follows Jim's advice and have your contingency plans in place.
 
I'm guessing after numerous requests about time stamps with no replies that either:

a - this information will reveal something RED does not want out in public form as of now.

b - time stamps = second class customers

c - it's too insignificant to address.

Again, these schedules, shedule changes, schedule slips don't mean a lot to customers who are post 1500...
 
I have been getting a lot of personal emails asking if we can make someone's schedule or not with absolute certainty so they can plan their project. Our job is to deliver as good of cameras as we possibly can as quick as we can. We cannot assure anyone of a firm date. If you are in doubt, rent a RED from someone who has one, rent something else, buy something else, or postpone your shoot until your camera is in hand.

Jim

I can't believe you have to make these posts. It seems so obvious.


Thanks for posting a new schedule. It's good to know that the RED drives will be shipping soon.

David
 
Same question here...
Would be nice to know that now :whistling:
I know this has been asked loads of times, but I remember someone saying that at some point we'd be able to know ?

Wondering too, but I have yet to ask... just don't want to put anymore pressure on these guys. I am curious though, obviously. :nerd:
I ordered early Sept., just before IBC.
 
I'll be honest, I'm disappointed with the constant slipping of dates but won't be refunding anytime soon.. I'd much rather be told, 'You'll get it when it's done Kid' rather than plan on a date, then plan on another date, etc. The waiting is the hardest part.. I'm planning on 2008 for delivery..

Richard, I thought you were 56? (Years Old)
 
Am I the only one perceiving it to be overboard to repeatedly offer the 110% refund if someone doesn't like something? It seems analogous to a spouse retorting 'Well if you don't like it, you can divorce me' to minor things.

Meaning, let's not put a Me-&-Red divorce on the table just because features aren't enabled. Let's just work through this :-)

So I am not saying this to be mean spirited, just to say that I would never take that 110% refund but still feel qualified to make counter-requests.

I guess it doesn't even apply to me, since i already took delivery, maybe it just seems odd to me because I can't imagine anyone taking him up on it.
 
I guess it doesn't even apply to me, since i already took delivery, maybe it just seems odd to me because I can't imagine anyone taking him up on it.

Me niether, but I think it is polite (and a bit coy) to make the offer. It is the fair and correct thing to do because there is no pressure to buy if you have made the deposit. I think it shows confidence and respect.

David
 
Me niether, but I think it is polite (and a bit coy) to make the offer. It is the fair and correct thing to do because there is no pressure to buy if you have made the deposit. I think it shows confidence and respect.

David

Oh I 100% concure about the offer standing
 
You have the advantage of having met the man and have a raport with him, I just figure it out by what I read here.

David

Jim is one of the most stand up guys I've ever met. I'd go to the mat to defend that guy's rep to anyone who asks.
 
Jim is one of the most stand up guys I've ever met. I'd go to the mat to defend that guy's rep to anyone who asks.

Yeah,

That's obvious by what I read here. Keep up the good work here Shawn, I appreciate what you have posted, it helps a lot.

David
 
I think it shows confidence and respect.

David

I think it's dismissive...!!

...which I guess is the point, as I wouldn't want a continual flow of emails asking when, what or why can't I have my camera yet as I'm doing my best to get them out.

But I guess (hope) Red knows they can't have it both ways.....to have thousands of people with their nose pressed up against the glass waiting for their camera.......and not saying a word!

Cheers,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top