Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Accelerometer and gyroscope

James McLellan

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
465
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Center of Jetmania
Website
www.youtube.com
At this point in time is anyone using the accelerometer meta data in the R3D files? If so can you elaborate on results and workflow?

Will Redcine eventually be able to stabilize footage with the information? Any thoughts?
 
From what I've heard, the Weapon has improved the "recording" of position data to one sample per frame, which would enable as stabilization process if anyone ever made a plugin or such for softwares like Resolve, After Effects etc. to stabalize based on that data.
 
From what I've heard, the Weapon has improved the "recording" of position data to one sample per frame, which would enable as stabilization process if anyone ever made a plugin or such for softwares like Resolve, After Effects etc. to stabalize based on that data.

What I don't quite understand is whether that data is already fully embedded in the R3D/RMD or if it would need a further hard module to interpret the gyro in some way. If it's embedded, it seems like it could be as simple as a feature request to Adobe directly, no? It's just specific instructions for the current Warp Stabilizer right?
 
What I don't quite understand is whether that data is already fully embedded in the R3D/RMD or if it would need a further hard module to interpret the gyro in some way. If it's embedded, it seems like it could be as simple as a feature request to Adobe directly, no? It's just specific instructions for the current Warp Stabilizer right?

As far as I know it's metadata written into the R3D. As for why no one made anything of it yet, it's because no one have made anything of it yet.
 
Back
Top