Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

A request...

Obin Olson

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
2,004
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.dv3productions.com
Could you guys please include some good quality color suppresion tools in redcine? it would be a very very welcome toolset for this awesome footage and make it much easer to do final color work in this app...without it we can´t do the color corrects we want...or should we just count on not using redcine for color work?

not a big deal but it is a deal killer for good color work...
 
If I understood, you want something like selective color corrector or secondary color corrector?

If so, it's an expensive tool. RC is not a color grading tool but just a "transcoder" to use R3D files. Scratch is more what you would need:-)

Pat
 
RedCine is looks like Primary or First Color Correction system , and i dont thing that RedCine will be primary+secondary color system. Like for secondary you will youse Color or else. It looks like you are working with Film . Making first color correction when printing negative and scaning film. But it will be nice if RedCine will be full color correction system :)
 
I'm sure that they're not going to make it a color correcting application. I would like to see a chroma noise reduction tool though. The noise reduction feature that's on there now, doesn't make noise any better.
 
It's time for red to make full software pakaje for full red workflow :)

Indeed. And in the $$$$ desktop pricerange.

I would speculate that adobe and/or iridas and/or cineform will take that market, once red allows them to support redcode raw. unless apple enhances & debugs FCS or assimilate enters the $.$$$ range.
 
It would be great if we could selectively target noise reduction in lowlight area and/or in blue channel.

Pat
I've just been testing some footage and thats exactly what I'm thinking, I want to be able to NR the blue channel only and leave the Red & Green untouched...

Selective NR please guys for the transcode!
 
I've just been testing some footage and thats exactly what I'm thinking, I want to be able to NR the blue channel only and leave the Red & Green untouched...

Selective NR please guys for the transcode!

It is difficult to suppress noise in the blue channel. Because of (1) quantum efficiency of blue wavelength, and (2) the fact that many standard illuminants such as illuminant A have relatively less blue energy than green per small wavelength band, results in a weaker blue signal out of the CMOS, that typically has to be gained up for white balance, which also increases the noise. It is a little difficult to separate noise after the fact; nevertheless, there exist techniques that try to diminish it.
 
Is scratch a deep color supported app with 1st 2nd 3rd color correct features? at the moment we use digital fusion lots of times...
 
just read up on it...not what I am looking for...sticking with Fusion if we can find a workflow that works...this is becoming a real pain in the ass...NEED:

1 An editable codec for online of atleast 2k with no less then 12bit depth
2A fast RED raw to whatever this codec is renderer that will work on a network with render nodes
3 a color grading app that has 1st and 2nd color corrects with the ability of selctive color work like Fúsion
4 SUpport by a major NLE for this codec that will cut keeping the exports in deep pixel support and have HDSDI outputs for true monitoring of the edit

Almost sounds like CineForm hmm....

Only catch I see is the advnaced color correct app with deep pixel support...
 
luki scratch does not look like it has much to offer in the way of a really tight color correct?

show me some whizz bang!
 
luki scratch does not look like it has much to offer in the way of a really tight color correct?

show me some whizz bang!

If you're even mentioning Fusion as a color app I can tell you that Scratch will exceed your expectations for color. You need to contact your local rep and get a demo.


regards,


jt
 
Back
Top