Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

6K Canon EF Wide angle options

Philip Schneider

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Hi,
any tips for wide angle (zoom) EF lenses?

I just found a list for cine lenses but most of them i own does not cover 6K.

Philip
 
- The Canon 11-24 EF F/4 is pretty intense.
- Sigma has an upcoming 12-24 ART lens that will surely be great and way cheaper than Canon's 11-24 - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1282158-REG/sigma_205954_500mm_f_4_dg_os.html
- Canon 16-35mm F/2.8 III - Just released a new version of this lens and gives you an extra stop of like from the first two.
- Canon 14mm f/2.8 - Awesome lens, but a prime.

There are some other zooms (depending on how wide you go), but those top two will probably be your best bet for zoom + IQ.
 
Ok thanks! The sigma is very intersting!

I want to go wide as far as possible but i hate fisheyes. I want straight lines :)
 
11-16 tokina is a must have....... along with the 16-35 sigma art
 
I know Philip mentioned it covering 6k but does the sigma 18-35 art cover 8k ff helium? Sorry to derail, feel free to ignore this haha.
 
Forget the 11-16

For some reason everyone forgets Tokina made something newer and better than even 11-16 version 2

http://amzn.to/2gwt4yM

Having owned this and the 14-20 f2...

I like this better on Helium and Dragon.

11-20 is way better than 14-20 on helium because the 14-20 induces stranger flares with the new sensor.

Regarding 18-35 on Helium 8K open gate, there is a little portholing at 18, zoom in to 20-21 and it's gone, or if you're delivering 8KHD you'll generally be fine, or if you're a stickler for no portholing ever - grab the Sigma 24-35art
http://amzn.to/2gMkEkz
 
I am getting a lot of use out of the Canon 11-24 f/4 L it covers 8K FF with no vignetting here is a super quick video I did going from 8K FF to 4K FF at 11mm.
 
Last edited:
- Canon 16-35mm F/2.8 III - Just released a new version of this lens and gives you an extra stop of like from the first two..

?

Aren't the older 16-35mm versions F2.8 as well? How do you get another stop?
 
Back
Top