Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

4.7” Touch + Fool Control Vs. need for Sidekick

Gene Sung

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
531
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles
Hi,

I have a Raven on order but might be switching to Weapon MG if the rumored price drop of $3K to $5K goes through (Hopefully $5K drop of course, LOL). if I go for the Weapon MG, I will get the 4.7” touch screen for camera control and probably Fool Control App.

I love the idea of Sidekick as I love physical buttons on the camera and something that is always there. However, due to cash flow and the the fact that I’m going to have the 4.7” Touch, is it redundant to have Sidekick, especially if you have Fool Control paired with the LCD?

If I get the Raven, Sidekick for sure as Raven is so cheap. But Weapon MG is so much more so I gotta cut corners a bit.
 
Nothing beats physical buttons. I use the touch-screen and foolcontrol is a fantastic tool... But seriously, i couldn't live without buttons i can feel and memorize. The DSMC1-SH is one of the most essential pieces on my Scarlet-Rig and i also use the REDMOTE often directly attached to the camera, just to have more buttons.

Which means, a Sidekick would be a must for me on any DSMC2-rig. This might or might not change with the upcoming SH-solution(s?).
 
i personally couldnt live without the 4.7 touch, i tried on a shoot and it sucked!
i ws only thinking of getting the sidekick as well because jarred mentioned you can actually focus and change exposure while shooting on lenses that have interenal mechanisms. now ill probably get both!
 
You can definitely live with just the touch screen and foolcontrol but I would get the switchblade ASAP. Nothing beats physical buttons. When all else fails at least you know you have controls on camera.
 
Back
Top