Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

2k Clips not loading into red alert

John Brawley

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
619
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
52
Location
Los Angeles
Website
www.johnbrawley.com
I have a bunch of clips, shot in 4K which all work fine in red alert. I tried shooting some 2K clips. I ended up swapping my RED body due to some other issues. I shot with the red at 2K and the clips opened fine.

Once i swapped the body, i shot mainly at 4K but i did shoot one card's worth at 2K. Now i have 10 clips from that mag, and only one of them opens in redalert (the first one). When i try to open any of the other's red alert crashes me out. None of the proxies work either.

Any ideas on how I can recover these 2k clips ?

jb
 
The only clips that will fail are 4K 16:9. Everything else should work fine. Make sure you are running the latest verison of RED ALERT (see our support page).

Otherwise try loading the clip in REDCINE and check the properties. I'm betting it's a 4K 16:9 (4096 x 2304) clip.

If it's not and it still refuses to load I need to take a look at the clip to see what's going wrong.

Thanks,
 
The only clips that will fail are 4K 16:9. Everything else should work fine. Make sure you are running the latest verison of RED ALERT (see our support page).

Otherwise try loading the clip in REDCINE and check the properties. I'm betting it's a 4K 16:9 (4096 x 2304) clip.

If it's not and it still refuses to load I need to take a look at the clip to see what's going wrong.

Thanks,

Hi Rob.

Redcine won't work on my Macbook. Red Alert works and i have no trouble opening a 4K clip shot at the same time on a different card. What's the best way I can send you a clip ?

Do you have an FTP ?


jb
 
Back
Top