Andrew Wonder
Well-known member
SOLD SOLD SOLD
Here's a listing you'll never see again. First off, it includes the rarest of the Standard Speeds (20, 28, 40).
The 28mm was the last Standard Speed ever made and has the same floating element design used in Ultra Speeds and beyond. I have tested every 28mm out there and this is the star. It has the ability of a modern lens but that older standard speed coating giving you beautiful flares and great skin tones. This entire film was all shot on the lens and a Red Dragon 6K.
https://vimeo.com/121256885
The 40mm is one of the most beautiful portrait lenses I've ever used. It has so little glass it's practically a pancake lens and has a beautiful falloff. You will never regret an interview or close up with this lens. A lot of famous DPs and I have drooled over it together.
The 20mm is a jewel as well. Has wonderful bokeh and does better on larger sensors than a 18mm super speed. Personally I prefer the look of the 20mm vs a 18mm SS when we tested all the wides possible for a feature. We used this lens a lot as a wide angle solution working with Kowa anamorphic on Paul Schrader's Dog Eat Dog.
More exclusively, I'm also including the one of a kind EF mounts that I had made for these lenses so that I could mix them with longer Leica R lenses. I had them made as an experiment and it was a difficult task that lead to the techs promising they would never do it again (and why I never got a full set made). Any lens technician can make the switch for you. I included pictures of one of the mounts.
I love these lenses. I spent a lot of time hunting for high quality individuals of each of these three focal lengths. I don't see them come up often alone. I'm buying a new apartment and need all the downpayment money I can get. Since I already have a set of B Speeds I just had uncoated it's time for these guys to go.
Lenses are located in NYC. I'm happy to ship them. Just had the mounts changed back to PL for anyone lucky enough to take them. Hope someone has a good home for them.
Here's a listing you'll never see again. First off, it includes the rarest of the Standard Speeds (20, 28, 40).
The 28mm was the last Standard Speed ever made and has the same floating element design used in Ultra Speeds and beyond. I have tested every 28mm out there and this is the star. It has the ability of a modern lens but that older standard speed coating giving you beautiful flares and great skin tones. This entire film was all shot on the lens and a Red Dragon 6K.
https://vimeo.com/121256885
The 40mm is one of the most beautiful portrait lenses I've ever used. It has so little glass it's practically a pancake lens and has a beautiful falloff. You will never regret an interview or close up with this lens. A lot of famous DPs and I have drooled over it together.
The 20mm is a jewel as well. Has wonderful bokeh and does better on larger sensors than a 18mm super speed. Personally I prefer the look of the 20mm vs a 18mm SS when we tested all the wides possible for a feature. We used this lens a lot as a wide angle solution working with Kowa anamorphic on Paul Schrader's Dog Eat Dog.
More exclusively, I'm also including the one of a kind EF mounts that I had made for these lenses so that I could mix them with longer Leica R lenses. I had them made as an experiment and it was a difficult task that lead to the techs promising they would never do it again (and why I never got a full set made). Any lens technician can make the switch for you. I included pictures of one of the mounts.
I love these lenses. I spent a lot of time hunting for high quality individuals of each of these three focal lengths. I don't see them come up often alone. I'm buying a new apartment and need all the downpayment money I can get. Since I already have a set of B Speeds I just had uncoated it's time for these guys to go.
Lenses are located in NYC. I'm happy to ship them. Just had the mounts changed back to PL for anyone lucky enough to take them. Hope someone has a good home for them.
Attachments
-
20785875_10106666608305319_221439613572933630_o.jpg57.4 KB · Views: 0 -
20664734_10106666608514899_3639045700555692027_n.jpg32.7 KB · Views: 0 -
20708341_10106666608300329_3964810493974153758_n.jpg30.6 KB · Views: 0 -
20708468_10106666608834259_812821749591584850_n.jpg35.6 KB · Views: 0 -
20770317_10106666609083759_5249542520709303906_n.jpg23.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: