Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

18 Inches??

Jesus Ibarra

Active member
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Guys quick question.

(Btw Im sorry if I'm a bit redundant or write a bit weird but my english is a bit rusty so plz bear with me)

I just got some of the accessories I ordered with my raven (haven't been allocated yet but I figured I might as well start ordering them, don't want to get the camera and then be stuck in limbo w/o being able to use it). I'm planing on using the Raven with a Dji Ronin so I ordered the LCD/EVF Cable (Right to Right) which is supposed to connect from the DSMC2 Lemo Adaptor A (on the camera) to the DSMC2 Lemo Adaptor B (on the Ronin) in order to have the DSMC2 RED TOUCH 4.5' on top of the Ronin.

Well I was recommended by my Rep to get the 18inch cable for it to be long enough to be able to be connected from the camera to the monitor on top of the Ronin. I just got everything, but the cable on the bag looks terribly short, doesn't seem to be 18inch at all, I might be wrong or I don't know but I haven't even opened it out of the bag yet so that they don't think I changed cables or anything. Could you guys check it out and let me know what you think? Or am I just wrong/crazy?
 

Attachments

  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0
It does appear that you got a 12" cable inadvertantly put into a bag with an 18" sticker. We carbon based life forms are prone to error. I'd go ahead and slit the bag along the edge, pull out the cable and measure it. If it's the wrong length, just get an RMA from RDC, etc...

Cheers - #19
 
Red will take care of you, just send them an email or submit through their forum. You might also look into some of the slim, more flexible cables, from 3rd parties as well for your scenario.

Jesus Ibarra said:
(Btw Im sorry if I'm a bit redundant or write a bit weird but my english is a bit rusty so plz bear with me)


That is not a problem, besides your English seems great to me! Welcome to the Red family!
 
Brody_B said:

Awesome cable! I am happy that Red and WC have made peace. WC has created some really nice accessories over the years. They will even make custom parts if you ask them. I had one made years ago for 3D work with a pair of EPICs. They have sort of stepped up and filled the shoes of Element Technica, who has not delivered as much lately. What ET has delivered, of course, is of the highest quality.
 
Thanks a lot for all the help guys! I think I'm just going to stick with what I ordered and just have it replaced. Thanks again!
 
Back
Top