Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

18-85mm

Reservations are still valid if the deposit hasn't been used up. But we are not adding anymore reservations at this time.

jim

Sweet news for me... I will inform Randy when I finalize my order this week to keep the deposit untouched and current for the 18-85mm. Thank you Jim.:)
 
Reservations are still valid if the deposit hasn't been used up. But we are not adding anymore reservations at this time.

jim

I was very specific with my rep that I wanted to keep my reservation for the 18-85 (reservation #354), and also buy the 18-50, 50-150, 300, etc. I also told him that I don't want to pay the balance for the 18-85 until it is shipping, naturally. I was told that all of my deposits, including for the 18-85, would be applied to my main order, and that I would still retain my reservation number for the 18-85 and be able to pay for that when it becomes available. I do expect that to be honored, and I'm sure you will, as Red has done very well to keep it's word. I know many people have changed their 18-85 deposit over to the 18-50, and if they requested that, I can see having them lose their place in line for the 18-85.

I would be happy to "re-fund" (add funds again to) my deposit; also, I believe there is still plenty of money in my Red "account" as I am still waiting for many things from my main order that are paid for, such as EVF, 50-150, Arri 19mm base, and so on.

I understand how much extra care and effort it takes to deal with reservation numbers on products, and I totally get why you would not continue to have that practice.

I've had my Red One for two weeks now - love it! And Red Day at Red HQ was really great. I'm really looking forward to the Red NAB surprises!

Matthew Verkler
 
I was very specific with my rep that I wanted to keep my reservation for the 18-85 (reservation #354), and also buy the 18-50, 50-150, 300, etc. I also told him that I don't want to pay the balance for the 18-85 until it is shipping, naturally. I was told that all of my deposits, including for the 18-85, would be applied to my main order, and that I would still retain my reservation number for the 18-85 and be able to pay for that when it becomes available. I do expect that to be honored, and I'm sure you will, as Red has done very well to keep it's word. I know many people have changed their 18-85 deposit over to the 18-50, and if they requested that, I can see having them lose their place in line for the 18-85.

I would be happy to "re-fund" (add funds again to) my deposit; also, I believe there is still plenty of money in my Red "account" as I am still waiting for many things from my main order that are paid for, such as EVF, 50-150, Arri 19mm base, and so on.

I understand how much extra care and effort it takes to deal with reservation numbers on products, and I totally get why you would not continue to have that practice.

I've had my Red One for two weeks now - love it! And Red Day at Red HQ was really great. I'm really looking forward to the Red NAB surprises!

Matthew Verkler

Relax on this a bit... we'll make it work. Lens situation got complicated. We'll figure it out and be as fair as possible.

Jim
 
Jarred man.. Your photos are quality.. Can you lend me your:

jarredfilterwz3.png


Heh heh :bleh:
 
Always nice to see you post here, Ace. :-)

Jim
 
Relax on this a bit... we'll make it work. Lens situation got complicated. We'll figure it out and be as fair as possible.

Jim

No problem, Jim. I was sure everything would be fine, but I know there are others in the same situation so that's why I brought it up. Thanks for the reply!
 
ace thats pretty bad ass :)
 
Is there a wait list for this lens or any other specs. The 18-50 I got with my red seems to has some mechanical issues, (not smooth for focus pulls & zooms) and has had some bounce on steadicam. I like the size and it would be a good steadicam lens if the image didn't shift slightly during aggressive moves. (Anyone else had this issue?)
 
I had a lens reservation as well but got the 18-50 with my camera (#939) I still have money with Red for the evf. Can I make sure I'm on the list for the 18-85 as well?
 
Reservations are still valid if the deposit hasn't been used up. But we are not adding anymore reservations at this time.

jim
Jim, I'm curious when reservations stopped being takent for this lens? We put a reservation on one not too long ago, and curious if we're in the window of opportunity or not. Thanks!
 
Jim, I'm curious when reservations stopped being takent for this lens? We put a reservation on one not too long ago, and curious if we're in the window of opportunity or not. Thanks!

Reservations were taken in 2006. Due to popular demand reservations opened again in Jan. 21-24th 2007.
 
Lens reservation #032 here for the 18-85.... it's been a long time coming! I got the 18-50 for our first camera but hopefully timing will work out for manufacturing so I don't have to buy another 18-50 for the next one.

Keep up the amazing work Red Team!

Cheers,

Paul
 
Back
Top