Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

15mm Lightweight Adapter for Dragon

Michael Blieden

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2010
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Los Angeles
Because of the fan protrusion on Dragon I need a new 15mm lightweight rod adapter. I know that Action Products makes this one but it covers the audio jacks in front and I want them exposed. I know that Red makes one but it requires the Modular Assault Plate and I want to use a standard riser (currently using Innocinema calypso riser) to go with my arri baseplate.

Does anyone else have a solution?

I realize I may need to replace the calypso riser to accommodate a new 15mm rod adapter if it's made by a 3rd party.

Thanks all.

Blieden
 
My friend Ryan over at "Not Metal" Camera makes a 15mm lightweight bottom and extender to allow for the rods to fit on a dragon. It's "wooden" camera dot com
You need the lightweight 15mm and the fan fixer, and the bottom plate, easy riser.
 
Thanks guys. Ryan wrote back to me to confirm. That guy is super responsive. In case anyone else needs the info I ordered their easy riser and LW 15mm bracket. They've updated the design recently so if you are buying a brand new 15mm Bracket then you don't need to buy the Fan Fixer.
 
I think it's time to grab one of these. Can you give me an idea of weight for the bottom plate setup? My current View Factor plate is only 0.756 LBs
 
Not to change the topic, but I've been wondering for a long while now why REDUser folk aren't allowed to specifically name the maker of accessories made from trees.

Does anybody mind sharing?
 
Not to change the topic, but I've been wondering for a long while now why REDUser folk aren't allowed to specifically name the maker of accessories made from trees.

Does anybody mind sharing?

There was a legal issue pertaining to design/patent infringement.
 
I think it's time to grab one of these. Can you give me an idea of weight for the bottom plate setup? My current View Factor plate is only 0.756 LBs


Will - The rest of the world invites you to move forward to the 18th century... I think you meant to say 343g -wink wink-
 
The wooden company has ripped of and copied from so many innovative companies that it has a reason they are banned on Reduser. Sorry - but had to be said.
 
I know that Action Products makes this one but it covers the audio jacks in front and I want them exposed.

This doesn't answer your actual question, but just so you know, the reason the Action Products adapter covers the audio jacks is that they have an XLR adapter designed to be used in conjunction with it and the calypso plate that you already own. It puts two XLR male (don't ask me why they're male instead of female) inputs at the back of the camera, and the cables run through the riser plate and through the 15mm LW adapter into the audio jacks.

Though I assume if you already have the Calypso plate, you're aware of this.
 
Back
Top