Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

#1191 for sale

Alexis Hanawalt

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
713
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Website
www.bolstercamera.com
This isn't a new concept it has been done several times. There are many many many drawbacks to the logistics of this but it can work; and has.
 
If he can't finance the second one, it'll be interesting to see how he can deal with the warranties. I don't know if I'd give $40,000 to someone I know so they can buy the stuff for me.

I'm not asking $40,000. Its not that hard to write up a contract between myself and a buyer that fulfills warranty requirements for the buyer.
 
Since he is in california it would be even easier. we're talking about a purchase of a $20,000+ product. someone who will buy would just go to california and pick it up in person with the guy at red.
 
You're not asking for it, but to get the most out of the RED, someone will want to spend that much, unless they have their own plans for lenses and such.

That's great if you can draw up a contract...I'm not trying to plummet your selling of the camera, but it'd be a bitch to deal with a 3rd party with any issues with the camera.

What if the person who buys the camera breaks it somehow and you're out of town, but they need the camera fixed immediately for a shoot they have coming up...but you are still going to be out of town. Are you going to hand it off to one of your buddies so they can take care of it? Lots of stuff you have to think about. I don't think it's as easy as writing up a contract.
 
i think it would be beneficial for the moderators or some RED folks to draw up some guidelines for the secondary market and post it as a sticky.

the secondary market is here and isn't going away--it will continue to grow. there's no need to re-invent the wheel every time someone tries to sell their camera. or take the seller to task for his transaction. as nathan points out, people have already done this successfully, RED has already stated its policy for re-warrantying the camera. might as well make this information easy to access.
 
If there is an issue with a breakdown that needs to be fixed ASAP RED can deal with it. It's not like they abandon the second user there is just no warranty to cover it. which makes perfect sense. So if they NEED IT FIXED RIGHT AWAY they could bring it or send it to red to get fixed and i bet red would give out a loaner.

A lot of people are making issues out of things that are not. If something comes up, and the person needs "it right away," whatever IT may be, they can be taken care of.
 
I have 2 reservations and no associates have stepped up to finance the 2nd one. So, before I cancel that reservation, I'm going to see if anyone wants to buy it. It's due for delivery by the end of February. All warranty issues will be addressed, but, for now, I want just to see if there's any interest.

PM me if you want to make an offer.

I want to buy, give me the offer .

Cheers

Pop
 
Ok, I got a whole bunch of offers today. I'm going to go ahead and post the rights to own the camera upon its arrival on eBay starting at $22,000 as soon as the auction for #142 ends. If anyone wants to nab it before it goes live on eBay, make your offer to me in the next 2 days. You add whatever Red accessories you want to the order for their retail price, and I'll put them in with the order as well. We can chat on the phone, swap references, meet in person - whatever puts you at ease that I'm not scamming. Before money changes hands, we'll lay out a contract that specifies everything from delivery to warranty, all under control of Red's legal terms, of course.

Remember, this camera is scheduled to be delivered by the end of February. I can make no guarantee as to the exact date of delivery.
 
I'm interested......

I'm interested......

What did you have in mind? I'm looking to buy one immediately. I've been in the market for a while now and I'm getting impatient. Please let me know!
Will

I have 2 reservations and no associates have stepped up to finance the 2nd one. So, before I cancel that reservation, I'm going to see if anyone wants to buy it. It's due for delivery by the end of February. All warranty issues will be addressed, but, for now, I want just to see if there's any interest.

PM me if you want to make an offer.
 
What did you have in mind? I'm looking to buy one immediately. I've been in the market for a while now and I'm getting impatient. Please let me know!
Will

??
RED posted a schedule that said all cameras ordered should be
delivered by May....
So paying a premium to get a RED 3 or 4 months early makes
no sense (Unless you have a feature lined up that starts shooting
in Feb or March??)
Then again renting for a few weeks would still be cheaper than
paying a $15,000 - $20,000 premium IMHO.
I did have a reservation but garnered zero interest from my
cheap ass clients. I guess I should have moved to LA
back in the eighities when I had the chance.
I am waiting to see what the hell Scarlett is and then will
probably get a RED this summer.
 
Ok, I got a whole bunch of offers today. I'm going to go ahead and post the rights to own the camera upon its arrival on eBay starting at $22,000 as soon as the auction for #142 ends.

I'll still have 1190... Its either sell or cancel. I'll live. Its like regifting a fruitcake.

well i was interested, but it seems that you're asking for at least 7 k for this fruitcake...Cinewalt, no disrespect, but doesn't seem like canceling was ever your intention, rather to resell at a huge markup. Which is fine, but you shoulda just said that to begin with. This red reselling market is starting to remind me a little bit of the ps3 and iphone syndromes.....
 
well i was interested, but it seems that you're asking for at least 7 k for this fruitcake...Cinewalt, no disrespect, but doesn't seem like canceling was ever your intention, rather to resell at a huge markup. Which is fine, but you shoulda just said that to begin with. This red reselling market is starting to remind me a little bit of the ps3 and iphone syndromes.....

I honestly didn't think there would be so much interest. With 4 standing offers to take it for $22,000 I've made the simple capitalist decision to post it on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200194648797&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010

It's not going to make me rich, but it may buy me a matte box.
 
Back
Top