Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Any Possibility of a Scarlet Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no don't even suggest a thread closed

threads like this let red know the tremendous interest that exists for scarlet

the more posts in the thread the better
 
New features to accommodate a faster release:

Line skipping, h.264 recording, slower sensor, non-modularity.

(please read this post in jest from someone who can patiently wait for RED to deliver the camera they dreamed of and nothing less)
 
New features to accommodate a faster release:

Line skipping, h.264 recording, slower sensor, non-modularity.

(please read this post in jest from someone who can patiently wait for RED to deliver the camera they dreamed of and nothing less)

When I first started reading this I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, but then I saw the end and got a good laugh :) I needed that, thanks! :)
 
Big Scarlet update coming mid-May.

Jim

for us needing to make the Stage 2 decision by May 1 can we be emailed what all the options are? I would love to hear some Scarlet info, so I can make the best decision possible about committing to EPIC.

cheers!

Mike
 
Aaaah, finally. That's the reason I started this thread - just wanted some kind of word from someone at RED. That is was Jim Jannard himself that posted just makes it sweeter. I'll be waiting for the middle of May now...
 
I will be selling all my camera gear now.

had thought about doing the same but there is still going to be a need for my hvx200 in my arsenal next to my interchangable lens scarlet. as much as i want to believe the scarlet could potentially suit every situation i know the hvx will still be beneficial in run and gun scenarios. thats not sacrilege to say that here is it? haha and besides that the hvx is still payin the bills.
 
We have an hvx200 as well. We had two, but we let one go. We're not sure what we are going to do with it honestly, it will all depend on how the Scarlet looks.

What we are worried about is after the Scarlet comes out, will the hvx200 market drop out from under it and make it harder for us to get any of our investment out of it. So many decisions.
 
We have an hvx200 as well. We had two, but we let one go. We're not sure what we are going to do with it honestly, it will all depend on how the Scarlet looks.

What we are worried about is after the Scarlet comes out, will the hvx200 market drop out from under it and make it harder for us to get any of our investment out of it. So many decisions.


I had this EXACT dilema, but only with the 5D mark ll. I didn't want the ENTIRE DSLR market running for purchase of a Scarlet so I went ahead and sold the very SAME day I heard Jim mention the Mid-May announcment.

I'm sure I won't regret it, and I didn't even get my use ou of it, but judging STRICTLY on what I saw from the test bed footage (IZZy) the 2/3 will be a BIG deal for me. SO I'm at peace with selling it all. I'm actully waiting on the last big payment to hit my PayPal account from an overseas E-Check, which should be today, then i'll be ready to purchase.

So once they open the floodgates I'm gonna hop online and open my wallet WIDE for RED.
 
What we are worried about is after the Scarlet comes out, will the hvx200 market drop out from under it and make it harder for us to get any of our investment out of it. So many decisions.

I wonder if there are that many people aware of RED much less the upcoming Scarlet. Perhaps so in the industry. But seems like there'll always be enough amateur videographers and enthusiasts around to pick up such successful cameras as the hvx200.

In any case, I am now considering retaining my Panny gear in order to rent it out...depends on what final prices look like for a run-n-gun setup using the interchangeable 2/3" Scarlet.
 
I think that's a fair statement. But, my feeling is that as the Scarlet penetrates the industry, and the quality if it lives up to what we've been told, it's going to be hard NOT to know about it :) It will be EVERYWHERE on EVERYONE'S blogs! :)
 
Do you think the Mid-May announcement on Scarlet is about a forthcoming release date? And is that date likely to be a May or June release or later, maybe much later? If so, when do you think it is realistic for actually get hands on the camera?
 
I am sure there will be a release date indication in the mid-May update. Pricing and most major features are likely to be finalized in the update.

As for an actual release date, your guess is as good as mine. The real answer is of course - wait till mid-May. Till then, September seems like a popular speculative release date for the 2/3".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top