Lau Ho Ming
Well-known member
- Joined
- Nov 4, 2012
- Messages
- 73
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Red confirmed that 48GB SSD did not work with the current build of the Red One camera.
Red claimed that the 48GB SSD will work with the Red One with the beta firmware.
So I decided to trust them and buy a whole pack of 4x48GB SSD.
And I got the SSD now but no camera yet and now they suddenly changed their mind and claim that the 48GB SSD WILL NOT work with current build of firmware until a new firmware release.
And they said there's NO estimated date of when the firmware will be available. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe next week? Maybe 10 years later? Who knows?
So even I have the camera and the SSD I won't be able to shoot anything until a new firmware release in the unknown future.
So they lied and we got cheated and I'm surprised Red company being so irresponsible for breaking promises and tell lie to their own customers.
In fact I'm pretty disappointed.
I can't imagine a company actually charge money to sell a product that do not work and even they don't know when it will work especially when they claimed firmly it will work which is the opposite of the reality
The only way I can make sure it works is to go through all the trouble to ship it back to Red, wait for them to process it and return my money back and then buy the 64GB SSD and wait for them to ship again. I believe it will take around a month.
And I need to pay for the restock fee if I actually opened the package. And of course I have opened the package because it is a common sense to open the package and inspect for defect once you receive a product you buy.
So what should I do now?
I actually want to keep the 48GB SSD but I really need to know when the firmware will be available. It is REALLY UNBELIEVABLE that they release an SSD for their own camera but their camera don't support it.
It is a real big joke.
Red claimed that the 48GB SSD will work with the Red One with the beta firmware.
So I decided to trust them and buy a whole pack of 4x48GB SSD.
And I got the SSD now but no camera yet and now they suddenly changed their mind and claim that the 48GB SSD WILL NOT work with current build of firmware until a new firmware release.
And they said there's NO estimated date of when the firmware will be available. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe next week? Maybe 10 years later? Who knows?
So even I have the camera and the SSD I won't be able to shoot anything until a new firmware release in the unknown future.
So they lied and we got cheated and I'm surprised Red company being so irresponsible for breaking promises and tell lie to their own customers.
In fact I'm pretty disappointed.
I can't imagine a company actually charge money to sell a product that do not work and even they don't know when it will work especially when they claimed firmly it will work which is the opposite of the reality
The only way I can make sure it works is to go through all the trouble to ship it back to Red, wait for them to process it and return my money back and then buy the 64GB SSD and wait for them to ship again. I believe it will take around a month.
And I need to pay for the restock fee if I actually opened the package. And of course I have opened the package because it is a common sense to open the package and inspect for defect once you receive a product you buy.
So what should I do now?
I actually want to keep the 48GB SSD but I really need to know when the firmware will be available. It is REALLY UNBELIEVABLE that they release an SSD for their own camera but their camera don't support it.
It is a real big joke.