Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

When will new Epic Dragon X's be available for purchase?

Adam Johnson

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 20, 2009
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
St. Louis, MO
Trying to figure out if new Epic Dragon X's will go on sale before the end of the year along with the price increase of upgrades...

Jarred - do you guys have any roadmap for when these might be available to buy new and if prices on cameras will increase along with the Dragon upgrade price? Trying to figure out if I should buy used or wait for new X's to go on sale.

Thanks!
AJ
 
I would think you are probably right about that. Just wonder if price will still be the same or more!
 
I am also waiting to find this out, I spoke to someone at RED Europe as i was looking to purchase a Dragon and he advised me that the Dragon-X would be released very soon and said i would be better off waiting for it! however i really hope i can get it before December as I have a few big projects coming up.
 
Will the upgrade to dragon price be increased? Is this true? And if so, if I would place an order now, even though the time of upgrade happens later after this increase, would my price still remain?
 
Will the upgrade to dragon price be increased? Is this true? And if so, if I would place an order now, even though the time of upgrade happens later after this increase, would my price still remain?

Hey Christoffer, Jarred had mentioned that as long as you order and pay for the upgrade before December 1st - it doesn't matter when you ship in the camera... But there still isn't much information on the price hike floating around.
 
I really hope we can get an answer soon on ordering new Epic X Dragon cameras
 
I recently talked to my bomb squad rep and he didn't have any new information regarding the dragon-x
 
My guess is that they will chuck the MX Sensor like they did with the lenses and the R1 etc. Then, after the upgrade crowd has been reigned in, they will
drop the price of the remaining two cameras to a new low for volume sales. And unless they are preparing a studio camera (should have kept the R1 for
FF 8k) they will have a sort of alternative run a la Eclaire and Aaton for a while.
 
Brent/ Jarred - Any idea when we can buy new Epic X Dragons? :)
 
Back
Top