Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

What version of Quicktime for Redcine 3.1.2 on Windows?

Thor Wixom

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
744
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hollywood
Sorry if this has been asked and/or posted in another obvious place...

What version of Quictime should I be running with Redcine 3.1.2 on Windows XP, 32 bit?

-Thor
 
Really? No one? Stuart? Graeme? Deanan? Rob? Jarred? Beuller?

:help:
 
Andrew,

What about the "frame stuck at 855" issue?

-Thor
 
Thor, I am still waiting for RED support to answer.

Looks like it is related only to the NVIDIA 3600M or 8800M and only for export to QT H.264
M=mobile for laptops.

The funny thing is that SCRATCH works perfect on the same system with the same files and config. I guess they use different compiler switches when putting code together.


What system do you have?
 
Hmm...

Thanks for your help, Andrew. I think I'll go ahead with 7.5.

-Thor
 
7.5 works fine for me.

Quicktime 7.5 was a failure.

I was doing a session with multiple shots.

Redcine with QT 7.5 took the first frame of the first file, and repeated it across ALL the files. I have the same still frame for the entire length of what should have been seperate exports of about a dozen files.

Bummer.

-Thor
 
I don't know if that's a quicktime issue Thor. I think it's a redcine one. I've had that issue through many different versions of quicktime, on a mac as well.
 
Yes, if you look in the REDCINE log, there will be the error that REDCINE did run out of memory while rendering the frame.
You can start REDCINE with –dd option for more info in the log file.

I guess it is BIG problem to handle memory allocations on different video drivers and different versions of operating systems and make all the configs happy.
 
Update. I got it to work by following Rfo's steps. You can find them in the following link:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7865

I've known about that thread for months. I just figured that with the new release of Redcine for Windows, that they would have fix those problems.

Note in Rfo's thread that the repeat frame thing would happen later in the file (read the stuck frame on 855 problem), IF he A) there was anything variation between files, ie, frame rate, resolution, etc., or B) if he did not have the Redcine settings exactly the same as the clip settings.

All of the clips I've been trying to process this weekend have been B16 v3.1.8.

Following Rfo's post to a T helped me get through it.

Also, when you open Redcine, make sure your settings are exactly the same as your source footage. For example, if your clip settings are 4k 2:1, click on the 4k 2:1 button. Make sure it doesn't say custom. Also, click on the 23.976 button as well.

On one of my render sessions, I forgot and left it at 24 frames, which could have contiributed or caused the problems.

-Thor
 
Sorry for the double post, Andrew. I just wanted to make sure that anyone following the thread(s) will be aware of the possible solution.

-Thor
 
I think it doesn't work anymore.
If anybody will fix it this way could you post here, please.

Delete all folders and files located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\REDCINE
Uninstall redcine
Uninstall qt 7.4
Install QT 7.31
Install Redcine
Export successfully
Tears of Joy
 
Andrew, it worked for me...

...all the way up to the third file in export queu.

Then, the same problem. Single frame, spread across all the remaining files.

Sorry the Rfo suggestion didn't work for you.

I'll let you know if I get any more progress.

In the meantime, I'm exporting 3 clips at a time, because that seems to be all that Redcine can handle.

-Thor
 
I will be closely watching and trying to figure things out on my end. I am having the same problem. I followed Rfo's advice and it is still not working for me.

Chris Lognion
 
I will be closely watching and trying to figure things out on my end. I am having the same problem. I followed Rfo's advice and it is still not working for me.

Chris Lognion

Chris,

Kevin Stanley, the Red in-house workflow "guru", told me in an email that QT 7.5 is the recommended version.

I couldn't get 7.5 to work, so I did Rfo's list. I got it to work, but only for one frame at a time.

I'm going to reinstall 7.5 and give it another whirl on my next render session.

Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

-Thor
 
Back
Top