Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

used R1MX, old firmware

Karl Kim

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
514
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Jersey Shore
anyway to update to the current (2013) firmware. Really don't see the point of paying for ownership transfer for an R1. Suggestions? Yes, I have asked previous owner but no reply about firmware update.
Thanks
 
thanks Stephen, but I need to login to download the firmware. I did not do the ownership transfer. yet. As Red has stopped supporting this camera.
 
They haven't stopped supporting it exactly. They just aren't further developing it. The software downloads will continue to be offered for many years, I'm sure.

But, yes, if you don't have a download password, that could be an issue.

Stephen
 
Karl, part of the reason this is in place is to help prevent those who have stolen cameras from being able to update them. Unfortunately, it has also made it difficult for those who legally have purchased them on the used market but didn't do the ownership transfer as well as those who might need access to firmware for in the field troubleshooting such as DITs. In general I think it's probably a good policy and Arri does this as well.
 
Back
Top