Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)
I have a Red Epic-W. Can anyone suggest another camera that works as a 2nd Camera in 2Camera shoot.
Other than Red. For Color and Looks matching. Something Under 10 k range.
Since you said "other than Red" I'm guessing the Canon C200 in 12bit raw mode shooting Canon Log 2 should be a pretty flexible camera in terms of matching looks.
I was going to suggest a Raven as well. That's the route I went before the price increase.
Even lower on the budget, to allow more spending on glass and other accessories is the Panasonic GH5. The most recent update, v2.0, has 400mbps 4:2:2 10-bit 4k offerings and no recording limit. With that said, no raw, it's still a DSLR and I haven't tried to match them in post yet. I will give that a try this week now with the new Firmware.
I would guarantee you, you'll be able to rent a similar Red camera from a local user and that'll present far fewer problems in post than trying to match two wildly dfferent cameras.
Blackmagic ursa mini 4.6k or rent until you can afford a matching camera. The GH5 is on a level you shouldn't sink to if you are thinking of matching footage to a cinema camera. If your budget is so low that all you can afford is a gh5 or a6500 you should rent a proper rig instead.
Our URSA Mini Pro (shooting RAW) cuts together great with the Dragon sensor -- I assume it would do well with Helium, too (and will find out soon when our Scarlet Dragon becomes an Epic-W).