Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

The fan in my RED ONE has ceased to work...

dimitris_arvanitis

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hi there...
The fan in my favorite RED ONE has ceased to work.
Does anyone know:
1. It's easy to change by myself?
1. From which side do I need to open the camera to change it?
2. Where can I find a fan?
Dimitris::rolleyes5:
 
The RED One's fan when set to its lowest setting is extremely quiet. We could almost never hear ours.

Good luck with replacing that fan!

We really loved our RED Ones and actually miss them.

:-(

Stephen
 
The RED One's fan when set to its lowest setting is extremely quiet. We could almost never hear ours.

There are plenty of shots where I could still notice it faintly in the background. (yes, on the lowest setting)

But the main problem is when they're NOT rolling as well, the loud racket they create makes it tougher to critically assess what is happening on set with sound.
 
Hi,
I had a probleme on my RED Mx's fan and I fixed it by myself because RED doesn't repair Red One anymore. It's not quite easy to acces the fan but it is actualy possible if you you'r not affraid of opening the heart of your camera. Here the reference of the fan if you want to by an other from internet : NMB- MAT BM5125-04W-B59
Good luck :-)
 
Can you make a video on how to change it for youtube? or for R1 owners..that would be great,
 
If you are near Oregon, I can help you repair the fan on your Red ONE MX.
 
You need to take the camera apart

You need to take the camera apart

I saw this video on youtube after I put the wrong length of Alan key into the camera and broke a hole, so I needed to open the camera to get the piece out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Bn4txRZrg&t=1s&list=FL5yldyiBC22S2V5v6ygR0Jw&index=2

Its not a guide but at least you can see what the insides are like, hope it helps.

If you do take it apart maybe video/photo the process, as I am sure it would be helpful to others.
 
Back
Top