Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Speed ramping?

Nicholaus James

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Points
16
This has probably been brought up, but will frame rate me rampable?
 
yes
-A
 
That's pretty huge. Wonder what the interface will be? Am I the only one who thinks that a blackberry style remote (with a funky intervelometer wheel) would be a great future accessory for camera functions, metadata management, etc.
 
Funny this topic has come up again, spares me starting a new thread about a closely related question...

Will the camera support infinitely variable shutter speed/exposure time? This would be very handy for time lapse sunset/sunrise use in addition to speed ramps.

An example... say you're taking a frame every four seconds recording a sunrise: Start out with an exposure time of 1 second and smoothly ramp it over a user determined number of frames to a second desired time, say 1/48th of a second. That way you can not mess with your iris.

I'd be happy if it is simply possible, even if not supported via on-camera controls but some future console software like Boothba mentioned...
 
What would be really cool is if you bust our your light meter the day before and record the levels over the time period you plan to shoot (to an SD card). Then dump that data to the camera and get the exposure spot on for every frame. Or even better.. hook the light meter to the camera and have it adjust the exposure real time.. would that work?
 
What would be really cool is if you bust our your light meter the day before and record the levels over the time period you plan to shoot (to an SD card). Then dump that data to the camera and get the exposure spot on for every frame. Or even better.. hook the light meter to the camera and have it adjust the exposure real time.. would that work?

I like it!

I've done something like that manually before... but of course not able to ramp an exposure with the knowledge/data. With film, I just aim for the "sweet spot" of a sunrise/sunset and let the colorist help me on both extremes of exposure.

I think your first concept will work better in practice than the second, as the exposure will tend to be erratic depending on the ambient cloud cover changing, etc. and moment to moment metering will flux it too much with random spikes. I've actually seen a setup like that before that controlled a capping shutter exposure time if memory serves... maybe a product by old man Norris?
 
Back
Top