Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Sliders for the Red One

Nicholas Warren

Active member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bath, England
Does anyone have any advice as to what would be a good slider to use with the Red One. I have been trying to research it to find something that will work well, without breaking the bank, but seem to get conflicting advice. People who have experience with the One on a slider (or even the Dana Dolly), it would be great if you could chime in to give your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.
 
Thanks guys. Some interesting suggestions, but looks like the Dana Dolly is winning out. I guess there is a good reason for that!
 
Does anyone no of a good place to purchase the Dana Dolly in the UK? Can't find many suppliers for over here.
 
The Dana Dolly is pretty versatile and grips & ACs everywhere are accustomed to using it.
 
If one would like to save money, I have cloned the Dana with parts from the hardware store. Easy to build, very smooth and literally gives Dana a run for its money :)Here are the photos...
 
Last edited:
Mano - I like the sound of that. It looks to be quite tricky to source the Dana over here, and money is certainly a consideration! Can you tell me more or should I PM?
 
I can post some pictures when it has stopped raining. Yes, it can be built in the UK too. You might have to source the skate wheels from glidecam, or I can sell you a set. The platform is a piece of wood, a 1/8th apple box or pancake is what I use. A 100mm ball hi hat can be bought cheaply on ebay. You could mount the tripod head directly to the wooden platform too, by removing the half-moon.

The tracks are two sturdy steel pipes 9ft each built into a rectangle with 2 short pieces and two elbow joints. They can be rested on apple boxes on each end and middle support with baby tripod without the head. A higher mount can be achieved with two cardellini clamp on each end on double bagged baby c-stands. The middle support comes from dana dolly actually.
 
Nicholas, I have photos. Please send me your email address. Mano
 
I second the Rhino Slider!
 
I have uploaded the dolly build photos to my album in my profile. I am happy to build it for you. I now have a 75mm bowl version in all black.
Cheers,
Mano
 
Back
Top