Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Second Monitor is Handy

Phil Bates

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 4, 2007
Messages
685
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.artbeats.com
Just FYI, I have found a second monitor helpful when working in RedCine. It allows me to access the Force Quit menu (which, unfortunately has become quite handy) and also to view other menus, file names, reference images, labels, etc.

Phil
http://www.artbeats.com
 
The new HP Dreamcolor RC 709 color calibated monitor is quite nice for those working in HD. Just a consideration - for $3,500 it is quite impressive. DVI, HDMI connections.

Michael
 
Hi Michael,

Have you have a chance to play with the dreamcolor personally yet? I'm seriously thinking of basing our Scratch setup around it and doing away with HD-SDI completely. This is the first screen that looks like it may be able to let us do that. I'd love to hear your thoughts? Does anybody know whether the 8-series Nvidia cards will output 30-bit color over DVI to the dreamcolor display?

I know the dual-link DVI spec supports 30-bit and afaik Scratch likes Nvidia cards, so we are thinking of running the system with a 8800GT until we can outlay to a quadro. Wondering if all this wll go together and be a reliable color reliant system for DI work.. (within reason of course).

Thanks!
Seth.
 
Back
Top