Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Scarlet mic problem: very low audio levels

Peter Steele

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 13, 2015
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello, simple question: I am using a Rode Video Mic Pro with my Scarlet and my audio levels are super low, someone told me it might be an issue with configuring the audio channels or maybe it is a stero to mono thing? Anyways I'm sure it's a simple settings fix but I can't seem to figure it out, any help would be great, thanks!

Peter
 
It might be an impedance mismatch. I’m not sure how that Rode mic is set up but those inputs are for low z mics that require an XLR to TRS adapter such as the Wooden Camera A Box. Thus the 48 volts for condenser mics.
 
Last edited:
I just looked. The impedence is 200 ohms so that should be alright. They sell an XLR adapter for it so it should work. It says that it is wired for “dual mono.” Maybe the problem is there as you supposed. I’d check with RODE.
 
I’ve got one lime that which has worked in the past, I just forget how I adjusted the settings hah. I boosted the DB on the camera settings which is at least an improvement. Thanks
 
Back
Top