Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RONIN 1 with Weapon Helium

AlexJones

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey guys,

After upgrading to the Weapon Helium, I noticed my Ronin MX can't work with the new camera compared to the Epic Misterium X which was my original setup. (FYI The RONIN MX sucks for RED so don't buy it for any of the cameras. There were too many limitations and it was like walking on egg shells using it.)

So I don't want to have that issue again with my Weapon, I was thinking of getting the Original RONIN to pair up with my Weapon. Has anyone had success with it? I'm assuming it works pretty solidly since the weight is not much different from the older RED's that were paired up back then.

Please no remarks about getting the RONIN 2 or Movi Pro. If you have $7,000 to stabilize a camera then go ahead. I don't.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Bob. Nice work too. Are there any extra accessories I should know about getting? Should I get the full cinemilled kit or what. I'm looking at second hand ones. btw The song is sweet.
 
Thanks. The Helium and MG Weapons are the same body and weight. I believe the Ronin we had utilized the extension arms. Thats about it. My RTMotion latitude was used to control the focus on Canon mount Sigma 18-35.

IMG_8439-01-01.jpeg
 
Last edited:
We bought a Ronin M and tried to use it wth my Carbon Fiber Weapon and it did not work. Had it stripped down to just the brain and the gimbal would always break after a few mins or if the movement was too rugged. After trying for a couple days, it went back in the box. works well with a dslr though, then again why would you use a ronin with a dslr these days when there's better options now.
 
My Weapon Helium works fine with my Ronin.
I have the extension arms, am using a relatively light lens for the most part (either Tokina 11-16 or GL Optics Leica R 19mm most of the time), also with a battery on the camera instead of mounted off the gimbal (generally a Core HypeCore Slim), still with probably 5-7 lbs to spare.
 
Back
Top