Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RedCine QT Export Problems

RedWolfe

New member
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm having a major problem with build 108 & 106. when I export QuickTime uncompressed 10bit the resulting file is the proper apparent size but only shows the first frame no matter what time I scrub or play to. anyone else having this problem?
 
RedCine QT Export

RedCine QT Export

Yes. Just posted another thread, then saw yours. It looks like I'm going to have to do RedAlert shot by shot. Too bad. Love the camera, but the lack of workflow could kill it.

Here's the stuff I've tried:

I've tried everything to batch transcode QT clips.

using RedCine Reset app (automatically dumps library/redcine folder)
http://holckowen.com/red/RedCineReset.zip

MacPro 8 core 16GB RAM, Leopard 10.5.3, quicktime 7.5
(anyone know if going back to 7.4.5 would help?)
Redcine 108
Camera is Build 15 should I not use latest RedCine version?

render to different drive than source files

set viewing res to High medium quality

set resolution in project to 1920 x 1080

match that resolution on output

render to separate folders option on.

verify disk permissions

ONLY thing that works is one shot at a time.
 
did you try to remove in library the Redcine folder to reset Redcine - mac osx version ?
 
also if rendering to another disk, try setting ignore permissions on this disk to ON, so you dont have permission problems.
 
RedCine QT Export

RedCine QT Export

filipvandoorne,

Thanks for the reply. Actually permissions are off for the disk I'm rendering to.
And the reset redcine app is supposed to trash the library/redcine folder every time. I think I'll go the log and transfer route in fcp and conform shots individually in REDalert or Redcine, one at a time.

Thanks again...
 
Sometimes this issue seems to be caused by project file itself, and there's no option other than creating a new project and re-importing the shots. And, unfortunately, losing your grading information.
 
Back
Top