Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

REDCine - make QT proxies

roryhinds

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
2,144
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Website
www.minefilms.com
Will REDCine ever be able to make QT proxies like REDAlert?

It would be great to set up your reel, do your one light and then output the QT proxy for the edit.

Oh and QT 16:9 support would be a dream :-)
 
I don´t know if there is an estimated date for that, one is in the roof of RED wich I will spect for NAB or not much longer. But the other one I believe is more a QT matter and who knows when that will be resolve.
The QT matter as i see it it might be the most important delay in posproduction, I hope it gets resolve ASAP. Steel the workflow is working is just a lost of time compared to the 2:1 easyness.
The redcine will be impresive as well but is not us much priority from my point of view, meaning that if I will have to choose only one to get resolved I would choose the QT. :D thanks god i don´t have to and eventaly both will be resolve.
Jon Corcuera
 
Are you not interested in the RED making the QT proxies for you? This is a menu feature that I can explain if needed.

And btw, doing a "one light" on a proxy is a waste of time, imho.
 
Back
Top