Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Redcine - Can't Find Xml File From Crimson

lancet

Member
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.lancetracy.net
When I try to load intermediates from crimson into Redcine, everything works fine. But when I try to load the corresponding telecine xml file from Crimson, I click "Open" in redcine and no volumes or locations show up. If I try a small amount of cuts, it works fine. But my project has 90 cuts in it--and this is just 1 reel. I have broken the final cut sequence into 5, to try to counter this problem..

Does anyone know how to fix the redcine bug? Or is there a work around? I have tried reloading redcine, I have deleted the preferences a half dozen times. I have tried relocating my xml file to the desktop--literally no file shows up anywhere.

Please Help if you can.
Thanks
 
When I try to load intermediates from crimson into Redcine, everything works fine. But when I try to load the corresponding telecine xml file from Crimson, I click "Open" in redcine and no volumes or locations show up. If I try a small amount of cuts, it works fine. But my project has 90 cuts in it--and this is just 1 reel. I have broken the final cut sequence into 5, to try to counter this problem..

Does anyone know how to fix the redcine bug? Or is there a work around? I have tried reloading redcine, I have deleted the preferences a half dozen times. I have tried relocating my xml file to the desktop--literally no file shows up anywhere.

Please Help if you can.
Thanks

Redcine appears to lock up when too many R3D chunks are loaded. Try breaking your sequence into pieces.
 
Thanks Ian--I did it and it works.
How about Redline? Is there any limitation clip amounts? Are there any bugs to be aware of? I tried using Redline and when I hit "export" it built all the event folders and then the progress bar said "render complete - see console for details". Any idea on what is going on there?
Lance
 
Thanks Ian--I did it and it works.
How about Redline? Is there any limitation clip amounts? Are there any bugs to be aware of? I tried using Redline and when I hit "export" it built all the event folders and then the progress bar said "render complete - see console for details". Any idea on what is going on there?
Lance

Are your clips all matched up to R3D files?
 
Crimson deleted my raw .R3D file. Please help!

Crimson deleted my raw .R3D file. Please help!

Hello there,

I apologize for adding this to an existing thread. I cannot seem to find the "post new thread" button on this website. I kind of feel like an idiot about that, but my problem can't wait, so I thought, what the heck. If anyone can tell me how to post, and possbily even make this a new thread, I'd appreciate it.

I'm working on a G5 Intel Mac, running OS 10.4.11. I've done tests with Crimson and RedCine before, but this is my first real job utilizing these tools.

Here's what happened:
I exported an XML from my FCP (6.0) sequence (just one shot, we were doing a green-screen keying test). I imported the XML into Crimson. I picked the location. I then hit the intermediate tabs and saw the pointer files created in my Crimson Workflow /Intermediates folder. I then Exported an RedCine XML. I then quit Crimson and opened up RedCine. I chose "Load All", and I started going to the Raw .R3D files before I remembered to do the Crimson aliases. It was at this point, looking through the RedCine browser, that I noticed all the raw files for that particular shot were gone from the folder. (A004_C003_080612.RDC folder was empty. Previously, it had contained two .R3D files, the F, H, M, & P proxies.)

All 6 files were gone. I moved everything from my trash to my desktop and have searched it. I have also done numerous spotlight check and other searches on my computer and external harddrive. I've found nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Might this be a Crimson thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm definitely in a rush to figure this out.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
 
Back
Top