Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red scarlet X vs ursa mini 4.6k

Just tested the Ursa Mini Pro against one of our trusted Scarlet MXs. The noise on the Scarlet after calibration is still more cinematic than that of the Ursa, which is less homogenous. Both are no low-light queens. The Scarlet looks softer, which is first of all caused by a perfect OLPF, but also by shooting 4K HD only. The Ursa does 4.6K but has moiré whenever you encounter critical textures.
In all other aspects the Ursa wins: more versatile without adding expensive accessories, much higher fps, cheaper media. Price!
(OK, a Scarlet MX package on the second-hand market may get closer these days).
 
The mosaic OLPF will fix that.
 
Maybe a diffusion filter can reduce that? I have never used one but it might be worth considering.

We had a shoot with the epic w with helium sensor and a 4.6k and the epic had just as much moire as the 4.6k. I'll try and post side by sides soon
 
I'm not sure the Mosaic filter will fit with the mask BM announced to fix the flare issue from the ND wheel.
 
Back
Top