Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red One Sensor Upgrade?

Eric J. Robertson

New member
Joined
Oct 9, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi Folks -

I swear I searched the forum for this info, but couldn't find anything.

I'm in the process of buying 13 cameras to build a spherical array for a camera car.

The first two (Red One) bodies that I have bought on ebay are original, non-upgraded sensors.

Does anyone know if the mysterium-x upgrade program still exists? Seems that the extra dynamic range would be a significant benefit.

Thanks in advance!!

Eric Robertson
New York City
Visual Effects Supervisor
 
Your right about the upgrade to MX being a significant benefit. Not sure about the present upgrade status. Call Red 949-206-7900.
They will help you. Good luck. Sounds like a great idea.
 
Just buy a used MX, as it will save you a ton of money versus actually having RED do the upgrades.

Stephen
 
Just buy a used MX, as it will save you a ton of money versus actually having RED do the upgrades.

Stephen

Totally agree, don`t waist your time and money in non upgraded R1, there is a lot of R1MX on sale here in Marketplace and on ebay, you can get a body around $5,000 - $6,000
 
Back
Top