Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red One MX still a good Camera ?

I'm Loving my R1. I've customized mine into a lightweight setup which is no heavier than a fully loaded epic. so if you're not too fussed on size and weight, the RED One is a great entry point into the world of Red.
 
I am trying to find the perfect camera for my needs. I am not a professional and would love to begin with making of movies. I would love to let my dreams come true and thats film making.

Red One MX or another one ? Budget maximal 7000 $
If you're planning on making a movie better than, 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', you might want a camera better than a RED ONE MX.
 
The camera will not make the filmmaker. Before dropping a bunch of cash on a camera you may not know what to do with, I would suggest finding other filmmakers and working with them and reading a lot of book etc. Borrow cheap cameras and make no budget shorts. Start learning about what all of the equipment does and why one choice is better than the next. I hate to say it, but if you have to ask these kinds of basic questions then a good base of filmmaking knowledge should be your first purchase, not an expensive camera. Settle down for a decade of educating yourself. It will be very rewarding if you take it one step at a time.
 
Back
Top