Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red one MX FPS noob questions

jake southard

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
705
Reaction score
9
Points
18
Location
Beverly Hills, CA
Website
www.jakesouthard.net
Feel free to make fun of me for being an idiot, but I can not figure out why my red one will not let me change the fps to 24fps. I have it set to 4.5k ws, and varispeed is NOT activated. and it says 30fps. I guess this is more of a varispeed question as I don't understand why when I activate it, I lose audio. Is this the only way to record to 24fps? If I turn varispeed off it seems like I can only record in 30fps. Also, what the heck is the "end rate" and what should that be set at
 
You can't have audio in varispeed, it's normal.
But I don't understand why you can't change fps to 24. Probably you try to change that in the wrong menu.
If I remember, there is two menu to change the fps, first menu is the project FPS, and the second is varispeed menu.
 
If you want to record sound in the camera, you can't shoot Varispeed. By definition, Varispeed is when you use a Record Frame Rate which is different to your Project Timebase Frame Rate (the frame rate the footage will play back at). This applies to most cameras like Alexa and others, not just Reds.

If you want to record sound in camera at xx fps, you must set both your Project Timebase and your Record Framerate to xx fps. In your case, both need to be set to 24fps. These two frame rates are in different menus as Guillaume said - read the pdf manual.
 
Will it not let you change to 24fps at all, or just not record at 24? If you format the cards under 29.97 you'll have to reformat it under 24 to get it to write to the cards.
 
i have recently sold my RED One, and now have a scarlet, It's way easier to understand on the Scarlet and my question has been answered! Thanks for all the help!
 
Back
Top