Aris_Gavriilidis
Well-known member
Hello everyone,
Occasionally my Epic Dragon shows a stuck pixel or two in different places each time, the way I notice is with the sensor cap on, I crank the ISO to 3200 and hit Focus Check and they show as static white spots, which are thankfully cleared after a new blackshade, sometimes two blackshade calibrations in fact if the first doesn't get rid of them and then they usually won't show up again for the rest of the day. For my calibration range I always aim for the sensor to be at 47-48C and I don't do long exposures, which I know are problematic. I'm always shooting at or above 24fps. Almost every time I power the camera on for a new project to set it up, I see stuck pixels and I find myself doing blackshading calibrations way more often that I used to in the past. Is this a known issue? I'm currently on firmware 6.3.102 so clearly not the latest but I haven't updated it because I have found it to be solid as a rock, unless of course the stuck pixel issue I'm seeing is firmware-related with this version. Any solutions other than an endless amount of blackshading calibrations?
Thank you!
Occasionally my Epic Dragon shows a stuck pixel or two in different places each time, the way I notice is with the sensor cap on, I crank the ISO to 3200 and hit Focus Check and they show as static white spots, which are thankfully cleared after a new blackshade, sometimes two blackshade calibrations in fact if the first doesn't get rid of them and then they usually won't show up again for the rest of the day. For my calibration range I always aim for the sensor to be at 47-48C and I don't do long exposures, which I know are problematic. I'm always shooting at or above 24fps. Almost every time I power the camera on for a new project to set it up, I see stuck pixels and I find myself doing blackshading calibrations way more often that I used to in the past. Is this a known issue? I'm currently on firmware 6.3.102 so clearly not the latest but I haven't updated it because I have found it to be solid as a rock, unless of course the stuck pixel issue I'm seeing is firmware-related with this version. Any solutions other than an endless amount of blackshading calibrations?
Thank you!