Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Quicktime output issues

Paolo Tinari

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
1,069
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Outputting quicktime i see only the first frame along the whole clip. Tried h264 and cineform in many format/quality (i have prospect and qt updated).
The qt go on premiere timeline but there too i have only the first frame.
I'm i doing something wrong?
The outputted cineon folder opens and run 2k in AE amazingly
 
I see i'm not the only one getting 1st frame only with QT output.
I have athlon 64 x2 dual 3gb ram and nvidia geforce 7800 gtx.
Anyone?
 
Now i cant output dpx or cineons anymore, same settings as before...
I think i'll wait for 1.2...

Yesterday i've exported a dpx 2k sequence, imported and graded in ae and ouputted in cineform avi and imported in a premiere/prospect 2k 24p timeline. All smooth as silk, stunning images.
 
Make sure when you're outputting image sequences you include the frame number in the filename so you don't get one big file.

For QuickTimes (especially on OS X) you might want to try re-installing REDCINE and repairing disk permissions. Also check your installed QuickTime version.
 
I, along with several others, am having this same "1st frame problem" as I mentioned in 2 other threads. Exporting Quicktime not Image Sequences.

Rob, has RED been able to reproduce this? If so, can you step us through the repair process? Thanks for any help you can offer.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?p=108791#post108791

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?p=108433#post108433

MBPro 2.16GHz ICD
1GB 667MHz RAM
FCP 6.0.2
QT 7.3.0
OSX 10.4.11

Casey,

Please post your logfiles into the new Sticky - Logfiles.

Lucas
-----
ASSIMILATE, Inc.
LA, CA, USA
 
same problem

same problem

I'm having the same problem. Footage I shot with firmware 1.5.1 wouldn't open in Red Alert properly (only could see the top half of the picture) so I've be trying to output a 1k pro res file for editorial. Some of the shots will output, but then when Red Cine gets to a particular shot (same shot each time) it just ouputs a frozen frame, even though it continues to move through each shot (more quickly though then the shots it's outputting properly though).
 
I had this problem at first; just the first frame and nothing else. But I retried a few days later and had no problems. At the moment I'm trying to figure out what I changed (if anything) that made it work. I will post my findings.

I'm getting the feeling it may have to do with the number of clips in the project. I will update as I figure out more....
 
here is a solution


Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Tinari View Post
I'm sorry but still quicktimes stopped at 1st frame (any codec)
And no frames sequences too.
I succeded only once with the first dpx sequence attempt with the previous version. Then end of the game for me. I cant even find the log folder. I know the quicktime issue is common (pc) but the sequences, i'm the only one. I cant even find the log folder...
In the meanwhile i've upgraded to quadro 4500.


You have to leave the #6.E (or whatever it says) in the name of the file. I made the same mistake myself... :-) It is in the notes, which I never read. Add your file name to the front of that and you are good to go.

Jim
__________________
"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."
 
Back
Top