Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

NOISE WITH 400 ASA AND SUNSHINE

Joined
May 7, 2016
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Italy
Hi Guys,

I've a problem, I had film the last saturday with my Scarlet W, 8:1 compression 400 asa 16f OLPF standard. I have look the image.. and the is a lot of noise! With the gamma4 is super high, with the log and graded is medium high.
Can you help me? maybe is more beautiful one image of a 5dmarkii than this one.. somebody know why?
 
More often than not underexpure is the problem, followed by incorrect blackshading. Or possibly as Red has no built in noise reduction you aren't use to the image and it might look good to us. Post an R3D uploaded to Dropbox or somewhere and you'll get all the answers you need.
 
Looks more like compression artifacts than noise. Also, shooting F16 is going to degrade the image. Use ND filters to cut down the light. Finally, it doesn't look that bad to me.
 
Last edited:
Ok... so for you is too much brightly and compressed. Yes i had use an ND filter but in that moment i had only a 0.6.
In this case you think that is better to go at 320ASA? Or I go to lose the highlight.
The artifacts can be cleaning?

I'm happy to know that for you is not so bad,

Thanks a lot guys
 
Where is the noise in this frame? How is it noisy?


noise_01.jpg
 
Stefano,

The frame looks great. Be sure to look at FULL quality in RCX.

David
 
Back
Top