Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Neutral Setting?

erbp

Active member
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm just going to admit defeat. For weeks I haven't been able to figure this out.


When I load a shot and apply no grading (other than pushing Highlight back to zero from its default of 50) there is still a difference when I toggle grading on and off ("F" key). I have experimented with format settings with no luck. I use Rec 709 and Gamma: Rec 709 by default.

Anybody know why this is?

Here are screen grabs with grading off and then on:
 
The "no grade" is linear light, whereas your grade is probably in REC709.

Graeme
 
Thanks. Can we do linear light in Redcine? If so, how? I don't see it as an option.
 
Project Settings, Custom gamma = 1.0

Graeme
 
Back
Top