Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Matrox Cards

Hi,

I was wondering if the Matrox line of cards, or specifically Matrox Parhelia APVE is supported in Redcine? If not, will it be supported in the future?

Thanks.

I'm no authority on the subject but I'm going to guess no. Matrox Parhelia cards are not designed with openGL support, which is critical for RedCine.

cheers,

jt
 
Thanks for the information, do you know what cards would be best recommended for use with Redcine and editing?

Nvidia GeForce 7x and 8x series (like 7900 or 8800) on the PC. On the Mac side of things the ATI cards are the way to go because of an Apple graphics driver issue that has plagued the nvidia cards for years, but I'm not sure what the offerings are and what's ideal from ATI because I don't own any of their products. I'm sure others can chime in w. personal experience.

regards,

jt
 
Back
Top