Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

IRND/Hot Mirror needed for Scarlet MX? + Filter Reccomendations

Omar Massoud

New member
Joined
Dec 30, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I recently got a Scarlet MX and am in need of some 4x5.65 ND filters. I'm planning on getting a .9, 1.2, and a 1.5.

Do I need to buy a hot mirror/IRND filter? If so, which ones do you recommend for the Scarlet MX?

I'd prefer a separate hot mirror/IR filter so I don't have to use them when I switch camera systems, but if IR/hot mirrors don't affect the image of a camera which doesn't need it, then I'm fine with combined hot mirror/IRND filters. I am also in need of a standard 4x5.65 ND filter (I have no filters as of yet), so all recommendations are much appreciated. Looking to spend less than $300 per filter.

Thanks!
 
Maybe a tad late to the party, but yes - the Mysterium X sensor suffers from IR pollution. Usually I use Arri FSND, or NISI ND filters. Both are clean from pollution and provide good color. While FSND are the best ones I've met, NiSi are good also. Firecrest also are a popular solution.

ALSO, there's a Breakthrough Filters Direct Filter Mount coming up around the corner, might be a better solution.
 
Back
Top