Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Help!!! My Dragon Can't Boot Up.....

Eric Yeong

New member
Joined
Sep 23, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi All, Please advise me what to do with my camera.... When powered up, pressed on power button... the fan turned on but it stayed there forever with the orange light on power button... Tried few times with AC power adapter, with new firmware force upgrade loaded in SSD.... still not working. Sending to Red is my last resort.... Please advise me what else that I can do before sending back to Red. Thanks.
 
I had a similar issue recently, booting on 6.0.28- the camera would stay stuck with the orange light on. I rolled back firmware to 5.3.42 successfully and got it back up and running. I don't want to imply it's at all firmware related (I've been running the current releases since that shoot without issues), just letting you know what worked for me.

Even if it still stalls, your Redmag will record a log file which can be sent to Red. They may be able to diagnose the issue through that, before you have to send your camera back.

Best of luck,

-Brick
 
Had the same problem when my Dragon upgrade arrived - as with prior post, rolling back the firmware to 5.3.42 worked.

Sent the log back in to RED - they seemed to indicate it was a firmware issue but no final verdict yet.
 
Back
Top