Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Future of RedCine??

I thought it was pretty clear what was going on:

Build 16 contains fundamental changes to REDCODE and so REDCINE (and ALERT) is being rebuilt from the ground up.

??
 
hm maybe redcine will not be so much better....i mean bug fixes will be done, but new features....

Will RED ALERT be Ready to pass Audio/curves....and best you will be able to Monitor via Red Alert....?

(Hmmm for the record: This is a question and would be cool)
 
I don't know what everyone's talking about - RedCine rocks. It rocks hard. And let's not forget it's still a beta app.

I don't use a PC, but on every mac that I have used RedCine on it just simply rocks. I launch it from time to time just to play and marvel at it. It is quickly becoming my favorite app.

I learned a few things about it at Red Day this past Friday and I can't wait to put the new knowledge into use tomorrow.

Well, enough of my opinion.
 
What system are you using? In my experience Redcone does not rock. It requires careful babysitting and special treatment just to work. I cannot wait until Red releases the SDK and frees us from the shackels of this program. Ian Bloom, will you write a Debayering program? Please? Iridas? Are you reading this forum? Apple? Anyone?
Harry
 
I'm running Redcine on a new Mac Pro 8 core, with 16 GB RAM (I use all that RAM for 3D applications). The graphics card is the NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600, again for my 3D apps. Redcine crashed once or twice when I first installed it, but since then has been rock solid for me. I've been primarily rendering to Quicktime ProRes HQ at "Full" quality, letting footage bake overnight.

The only issue I've had is that what I render has blacks and whites that are more grey than they should be (the opposite of the political climate here in the US, haha), i.e. they look more grey in the final file (when viewed in various programs and out to HD-SDI) than they did inside Redcine. I believe it's a Mac difference between Rec. 709 and Rec. 709 16-235 color profiles - and I think that Redcine is writing to one, but the rest of the apps are using the other. The only app I have that can reassign the profile properly is Photoshop CS3, and then everything looks like it did inside Redcine. Photoshop CS3 is the only app I have that shows both Rec. 709 and Rec. 709 16-235 in it's profiles list.

I use Redcine as a one-light anyway, and end up doing the final tweaks in other apps; with the Redcine "one-light", I'm not going to full contrast anyway so it hasn't been a big deal to just drop the bottom and push the top a little more.

Does anyone else have this issue? I have set up the monitor gamma and so forth as per Jim's recommendations. In any case, it hasn't been a major stumbling block.

Matthew Verkler
 
What system are you using? In my experience Redcone does not rock. It requires careful babysitting and special treatment just to work. I cannot wait until Red releases the SDK and frees us from the shackels of this program. Ian Bloom, will you write a Debayering program? Please? Iridas? Are you reading this forum? Apple? Anyone?
Harry

What system are you running?
You can find my system specs listed here:
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5965&page=2
 
Back
Top