Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

failed to write frame 0

geoff tompkinson

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.gtimage.com
I can output quicktimes from Redcine but if I try to output tiffs or dpx's of the same file I just get 'failed to write frame 0'

I know this problem has been mentioned before but I can't find the thread.

How do I solve this ?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to throw me an answer.

Geoff
 
I can output quicktimes from Redcine but if I try to output tiffs or dpx's of the same file I just get 'failed to write frame 0'

I know this problem has been mentioned before but I can't find the thread.

How do I solve this ?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to throw me an answer.

Geoff

This amazes me. Me and some peeps here have exactly the opposite problem...
 
Me 2

Me 2

Hello,
I am new to RedCine as well and I am also having this issue.

RedCine090_XP

I have quicktime 7.3.1

Nvidia drivers 6.14.10.9424 (However, this is what Windows calls it, I dont remeber the actual version that nvidia calls it...)

I run a dual monitor setup, but even if I remove the second screen, this error still appears. It is a dual processor machine running WinXp Pro 32bit with 4GBs of ram.

It does load the file and I can do corrections... Exporting an image sequence works but not a QT. I also tried version .82 and the same error...

Any help, I have TBs of data to convert.
Mark
 
minor update

minor update

I went back to version 90 and tried a few things.

I noticed that chosing different codec worked, but most did not.

I did confirm that QT is working and exporting correctly using the QT application. It just seems to be errors using QT to export from RedCine.

On a side note to chosing a codec to work with RedCine... A few editor had requested Sorenson 3 because it is frame accurate. Is that correct? Is there another that is frame accurate for editing?

Any help is great apperciated.
M
 
I am also having the failed to write frames error. I have QT 7.31, the latest Cineform 4K codec..... on Winxp. Any ideas please? I'm desperate!
D
 
Just found RedCine Reset, used it, restarted computer. No change. I can export in other formats, but not in QT cineform. Any other ideas? Thanks.
 
That happened to me yesterday. I figured that the problem is that the project is in 23.98 or 29.97 fps so it cant write the pictures correctly. I set the project frame rate to 24 or 30 and it worked fine. I suppose one cant write 0.97 of a tiff hehe. Hope this works. BTW can someone explain to me what does the invalidate option mean there?
Thanks.
 
I'm having this problem as well. Although for me it is writing frame 0, not writing frame 1, writing about 24 frames and then crashing or simply not writing anymore frames.

I either get that or I get garbage files of black with blue fuzz.

I'm trying to export HD 1080 DPX Files. I've updated RedCine and reinstalled it several times (deleting the Application Data Folder between reinstalls).

This is the closest I've seen to either of my problems. I need to make dpx files and I'm getting nothing.

Running XP on dual Dual AMD processors. Nvida quadro FX 1500 - Dual Monitors

Thanks for any help.
 
The only REDCODE Codec I see on the support page is for the Mac. Am I not seeing where a Windows codec is available? I would find it strange that I'd need a codec I can't use to export files from REDcine.

After testing I have found that I am unable to export files of any type. Sometimes I get write errors, otherwise it's files of garbage. Sometimes with the write errors I get a few ok frames (possible gamma shifting in them).
 
Back
Top