Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Exporting from Redcine issues

Chris Lognion

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.christianworld.cc
I did my homework weeks prior to my Red shoot. I performed various workflow tests, worked out the kinks and was accomplishing beautiful exports to Quicktime. Now that the shoot is over, all I get is a still frame export. The first file I encoded to quicktime actually did well for the first 2 min then the still frame occurred. Since then, all I get is a single still that repeats itself for the length of the export. I've tried re-installs, can someone tell me what works for them.

Chris Lognion:help:
 
Hi Chris,

We are working on a fix to this issue, it is a Quicktime/Redcine specific issue so if you are on a Mac and need to get into QT format I would use Red Alert. If you are on PC there are a few tricks to get around the freeze frame issue.

1. Don't mix resolutions on a timeline
2. Render slow motion and extra long takes on a per shot basis
3. Try increasing your viewport resolution incrementally
4. Start a new project, if it happens on a project that you saved, start over with just the shot that caused the issue. Then start a new project for the rest of the clips. Starting a new project is very important with this issue.
5. Make sure you set the output resolution in the Project Tab of the Player Screen and make sure it is the same in the Output Tab of the Player windoow.

Kevin
 
Back
Top