Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Epic W Display

I would say 2.3" size difference and the 7" has swivel. Pretty simple so get whichever is best for you within your budget.
 
Hi

Will the 5.0 LCD from my epic mx work on the Epic W

Thank you

Michael O Donovan
 
Michael O said:
Will the 5.0 LCD from my epic mx work on the Epic W
Yes, you just need an adapter. The 5" LCD expects a cable input.

Lemo A Adapter
This is a solution from RED.

Male Pogo to Male Lemo
This is one of several solutions from Wooden Camera. It comes in three lengths, though I am sure you can order a custom length. They also make a top plate that has built-in ports for lemos.

 
the 4.7" is great for certain applications.. but if you ever put your eyes/hands on a 7" you will never want to go back.
 
Is it possible to side-mount the 7" on DSMC2 cameras? (attached to side Pogo, tilted up, & rotated) It seems like this would work, but can't find any photos of this online. I'm not a huge fan of top-mounting the LCD.
 
i went 4.7 as im really not looking at it for monitoring. I'm thinking of it as a interface. I like the on the tv logic or small hd 7" better.
even go without the touch screen and just fool control or sidekick for menu and just monitor off the tv logic or smallhd
 
Alex Boothby said:
Is it possible to side-mount the 7" on DSMC2 cameras? (attached to side Pogo, tilted up, & rotated) It seems like this would work, but can't find any photos of this online. I'm not a huge fan of top-mounting the LCD.
Yes, you can do this. When you use the side Pogo, you lose the HDMI output on the camera.
 
In trying to understand the RED display options, the 4.7" display's particular advantage seems to be it's relatively small size while still allowing full access to the menu system and framing images. Are there any drawbacks that should be considered? Other than size is there a feature that would make the 7" display a better choice?
 
Another option- 4.7" and 702 Small Hd Bright. Together about the price of a 7", you gain enormous flexibility.
 
In trying to understand the RED display options, the 4.7" display's particular advantage seems to be it's relatively small size while still allowing full access to the menu system and framing images. Are there any drawbacks that should be considered? Other than size is there a feature that would make the 7" display a better choice?


The 7 inch swivels 180 so its better if you are on set alone and need to stand in to check a shot.
 
I'm going with the 4.7inch. Despite the limitations, I do a lot of run and gun shoots and the size and weight is a huge factor. 80% of my shoots involve gimbals or handheld. We rarely shoot on sticks unless it's corporate or with the DSMC1 weight, the shooter got tired of holding it all day (when you factor in the big batteries and lenses on it).

4.7 isn't perfect but weight and shooting less conspicuous is more relevant to my clients. I did go over and over the options in my head too. 7 is nice and easier to operate. 4.7 is gonna feel small coming from my 5" Touch but I and my clients will get use to it.
 
Back
Top