Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Competition to win free RED?

If memory serves, such a contest did take place at dvxuser - an "idea contest," where the best new idea for Red wins, and with the winner being an idea which would create some kind of 'depth map' of every frame in order to take an instant 'depth key' from the image, instead of rotoscoping or greenscreening.

I believe the grand prize was a Red One.

Yes indeed, I've found it, and here it is:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=63335


Nope, the prize was a Red One Reserve...the winner still owes $16,500 if they actually want the camera.
 
It always blows me away. You get an amazing product at an amazing price and people still are not satisfied. It's got to be free. :confused:

Dude - that's not really the point. I'd put down the 17.500 in an instance if I had that kind of money lying around (or enough camera-related work to pay for it). I guess this thread is just a vague hope for those of us that can't afford a RED ;)
 
lottery

lottery

Win the lottery and you can buy lots of REDs. That's your contest.
lovitz.JPG

"That's the ticket."

http://www.nylottery.org/index.php
 
Win the lottery and you can buy lots of REDs. That's your contest.

Or maybe I'll just post a pic of my car stereo sitting on my '79 Ford Fairmont upholstery and then, when it inspires someone to design a remote for RED, I'll get the royalties and pay for a RED camera with that!

Oh, wait...

foryou17.jpg


Doh!
 
1984 Ford Bronco

1984 Ford Bronco

'79 Ford Fairmont upholstery
You got the Ford part right.
All my ideas are free for Red to use. No charge. :)
What I really want is an iPhone that films 1080p. I'll settle for 720p. :p
 
Back
Top