Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Color Output Problem

JP Russell

New member
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forums, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking a noob question.
I recently got a new job at a production house. We own an Epic with a Dragon sensor. The issue we keep having is that the image the Redtouch monitor displays is very different than what is recorded. Attached is 2 images. Image 1 is what I see on the Redtouch monitor. Also what I see through the SDI with an external monitor. Image 2 is what the camera is actually recording.
I have zeroed every setting I can find in the camera and have done a factory reset. I keep having the issue.
Not sure what camera info is needed for something like this. Please let me know if you have any clue what might be going on.
Thanks much!
-Russell

https://ibb.co/mkivVb
https://ibb.co/czF9qb
 
You might have the wrong OLPF color preset selected judging by what I see, which OLPF do you have in the camera? Make sure in the settings you're using the appropriate profile for it.
 
I just had this exact same problem with my Raven. I was shooting subjects against identical coloured colourama backgrounds and was getting the same results as you. All monitors displayed the wrong colours but the camera recorded the correct ones. I took it to Red at Pinewood and they said there was definitely something wrong and was likely a calibration issue on the camera. I'd recommend opening a support ticket with Red. I'm still waiting to get my camera back so I dont know exactly what they've found to be wrong with it but I can keep you updated if you like. Weird that I've never seen this issue on here before and now its cropped up straight after it happened to me!
 
Send me a single frame R3D so I can look at the metadata in it. Also, please tell me how you made image 1 (what you see on the SDI)

Graeme
 
Back
Top